Executive Director and CEO
BBT is excited to begin our search for a new Executive Director and CEO. The job description is included below, as well as instructions for how to submit resumes. Thank you for your interest and help in matching us with the candidate God has been preparing for BBT!
BBT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to help people apply Biblical-principles at work. BBT executes this mission by serving individuals leading, and those aspiring to lead, a workplace-focused Bible study. BBT equips Bible study leaders and empowers their groups through high-quality curriculum, coaching and connectivity. The services of BBT are free to leaders and their groups as the services are supported by the generous contributions from donors, including the Bible study leaders and their groups being served by BBT, and other people who are committed to changing the workplace by empowering people to discover Faith for Work and Leadership for Life.
The God-inspired vision of BBT originated in 2008 when two individuals felt called to start a workplace focused Bible study. After a period of time, they found it difficult to balance the demands of their very successful careers with the need to prepare for the weekly Bible study. As a result of their experiences, BBT was developed to provide busy people the resources needed – curriculum, group management and communication, support and encouragement – to successfully lead and sustain a workplace focused Bible study.
Since its founding in 2009, BBT served and supported small group Bible study leaders and their participants across the USA and in countries outside the USA.
BBT has a strong, faithful, committed Board and a talented staff.
- Work actively with the Executive Chair, Board of Directors and staff to develop a long-term vision and strategic objectives, budgets, policies and plans that achieve BBT’s goals.
- Develop and execute a donor-centric, best practices fundraising plan. Develop fundraising goals, objectives and activities for BBT and work actively with the Board of Directors to achieve them and build a sustainable financial foundation for BBT’s mission.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy that increases the number of BBT groups.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan and messaging that uses social media to focus on, speak to, and represent the voice of the individual Bible study leaders.
- Ensure high level execution of the four C’s – Connectivity, Curriculum, Coaching, Contributions.
- Provide leadership to teamwork that maintains an employee culture of innovation, high expectations, respect, integrity, compassion, communication and collaboration. Be a member of the team.
- Direct and oversee BBT operations by working with the team to achieve performance goals within established budgets.
- Direct the development of and perform regular reviews of the strategic plan.
In addition to the attributes below, the ideal candidate will have a mature Christian faith and an ability to speak and relate to people from a wide variety of denominational identities and theological backgrounds.
- Embraces BBT’s mission and champions a vision for its future and growth.
- Demonstrates a passion for advancing and influencing workplace focused Bible study.
- Able to think strategically while implementing tactically.
- Effective team builder with an ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Preserves and honors the strengths of BBT’s culture, while moving the organization forward and into a leadership position.
- Leads by example with integrity, humility, credibility, optimism and resilience.
- Committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Encourages innovation by exploring new ways to broaden BBT’s reach, increase its impact and sustain the organization for the long term.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for the challenges of the workplace and Bible study leaders.
- Builds strong relationships across all BBT’s stakeholder groups.
- Communicates effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Listens well.
- Manages conflict to achieve positive outcomes.
- Navigates complex relationships skillfully.
- Fundraising experience that includes understanding the various avenues for raising money and the ability to evaluate their opportunity for BBT
- The ability and willingness to personally engage in fundraising.
- Solid business acumen, including analytical skills, planning, financial/budgeting, policies, etc.
- An understanding of marketing and social media, as it relates to promoting BBT group sustainability and growth.
- Makes sound decisions and solves problems effectively
- Degree in a field related to business, marketing and/or theology.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position, some nonprofit experience, preferred.
- Proven and successful fundraising experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- A personal and mature faith.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit materials no later than April 20, 2021.
Send resume, a cover letter and 3 references with contact information to email@example.com. To ensure delivery, the file size of the email must not exceed 5MB.